2 bedroom Apartment
Farringdon - 0.5 mi
This development is nestled at the dynamic intersection of Bloomsbury, King’s Cross, Clerkenwell and Farringdon in central London. Straddling WC1 and EC1, the development puts the whole of central London at your fingertips. Discover the world-renowned cultural, shopping and dining destinations the city is famous for. With a delightful mix of the traditional and the cutting-edge, this is fast becoming London’s most desirable neighbourhood.
The development is to unfold in four phases on 6.25 acres, divided into two distinctive chapters, each identified by the individual postcode in which it lies - WC1 and EC1. Each chapter features two uniquely designed, complementary phases that come together to create an address exciting as its location. All four will be completed by 2024 creating a major mix-used development offering 681 homes, over 20,000 sq.ft of commercial and retail space, and new open public space that covers over 50% of the site. All will enjoy the inimitable buzz of having one of Great Britain’s most important working mail centres right next door. And, of course, all of the heart of glorious London on the doorstep.
In addition to 681 new high-quality homes, a carefully curated new shopping and leisure hub will be created, with over 20,000 sq. ft of commercial and retail/leisure space, and new open public space that covers over 50% of the site. The landscape design incorporates public gardens with play spaces, public squares surrounded by new retail at ground level, landscaped courtyards for residents, and roof gardens with wildflower meadows. The development will open-up the area with improved pedestrian-only connections from east to west (of which there are currently none). Taller buildings will mark public open spaces and support way finding, among new routes for London, while green walls will boost biodiversity credentials.
Never before has there been the opportunity to live in the heart of London, surrounded in all directions by the best this great city has to offer – the glorious green spaces of Russell Square, the historic legal charm of Chancery Lane, the cool bars and artisan eateries of Farringdon, Kings Cross and Exmouth Market, the grandeur of Bloomsbury… and never will there be again; this is the last development of this scale in central London. A fresh mix of landscaped public and private spaces, including colourful gardens and playgrounds, will vivify this major new address.
The development is nestled at the dynamic intersection of Bloomsbury, King’s Cross, Clerkenwell and Farringdon, known respectively as the literary, knowledge and creative hubs of central London. Straddling WC1 and EC1, the development puts the whole of central London at your fingertips. Discover the world-renowned cultural, shopping and dining destinations the city is famous for, from big-name brands at Bond Street to the latest exhibition at Tate Modern. And all within reach on foot, by bike, or just a short ride away on public transport. With a delightful mix of the traditional and the cutting-edge, this is fast becoming London’s most desirable neighbourhood.
- From Brand to Boutique
The development is well placed to suit all tastes from classic brands to avant-garde independents and boutiques. Walk west to try out the flagship stores of brilliant British designers such as Alexander McQueen, Chloé, and Dover Street Market. Wander east to the home of House of Hackney, Goodhood, and an abundance of independent contemporary creatives.
- A City of Culture
Over 170 museums populate London's much-loved neighbourhoods, 11 of which are national, including the inspiring British Museum, a treasure trove of over two million years of human history, and among the closest to the development.
- Let Us Entertain You
Musical and theatre lovers, be dazzled by world-class theatres and their sell-out productions. Delight in live jazz and comedy in quintessentially quirky Camden. Tour your friends around the hip hotels, cool bars and eclectic eateries of Shoreditch.
Five underground stations, seven Tube lines and a first-class heritage – matchless transport options establish the development as London’s most connected neighbourhood.
World-class connections are part of the very essence of the land here. Love letters, parcels and more have been sent all over the globe from this iconic super-central site for over a century. Excellent transport lines continue to be the lifeblood of this historical heartland of connectivity. An exceptional five major underground stations surround the development in all directions: Farringdon, King’s Cross St. Pancras, Russell Square, Holborn and Chancery Lane. In just 10 minutes you can be heading direct to your destination on one of seven of the capital’s Tube lines.
When the new Elizabeth Line (Crossrail) opens in Farringdon, in December 2018, London’s latest transport hub, it will connect some of the capital’s busiest national rail stations with the centre of the London, including Bond Street, Liverpool Street and Canary Wharf. Six trains an hour will whisk you to Heathrow airport in 40 minutes.
Exploring Europe is just as easy - the Eurostar at St. Pancras International promises up to 20 direct trains to Paris every day, alongside direct routes to the south of France, historic Brussels, and the canals of Amsterdam.
- Farringdon (Circle, Hammersmith & City, Metropolitan) | 11 mins
- Russell Square (Piccadilly) | 12 mins
- Chancery Lane (Central) | 12 mins
- Kings Cross St Pancras Int. (Eurostar) | 14 mins
Close to the development are many of very best colleges and universities in the world, educating a new generation of scientists, musicians, politicians and artists.
- Central St Martins | 16mins
- University College London | 17mins
- King’s College London | 17mins
- London School of Economics | 17mins
- London College of Fashion | 17mins
- School of Oriental and African Studies | 20mins
Dramatic floor-to-ceiling windows and generous balconies invite light and air to flood into each home. Light, air and space continually uplift in each meticulously designed living room.
Create your own contemporary kitchen with individually designed configurations, plus custom-crafted cabinetry, stone worksurfaces and bespoke post-box shelving.
Generous proportions and an intelligent use of space form a harmonious place for rest and rejuvenation.
Inspired by five-star hotel living, beautiful bathrooms bring together craftsmanship, contemporary style and bespoke detailing.
Reflecting the development’s double postcode heritage, the apartment interiors offer two choices of interior palette, drawing on the distinctive features of east and west.
- East Palette
East apartments are generally more authentic, light, exposed and industrial in feel. The palette incorporates lighter timber flooring throughout, for an exceptional sense of light and space at every turn. Kitchens adopt a light colour scheme with neutral toned cabinetry and stone worktops. Kitchen joinery features bespoke ‘pigeon hole’ style shelving referencing the postal service and ‘stepping’ detail referencing the architecture of the development. Bathrooms incorporate monochromatic, textured finishes with Terrazzo vanity tops and matt black brassware throughout.
- West Palette
Inspired by the rich tones and textures of traditional west London, this palette is rich, polished, elevated and refined. West apartments are finished with dark timber flooring throughout softened by sumptuous light carpets in the bedrooms. Kitchens feature a dark, rich palette including striking custom deep blue cabinetry and contrasting light stone worktops and splashback. Bathrooms are sleek yet inviting, with tonal grey and white tiling, bespoke cabinets and stone vanity tops. Interiors are finished with an elegant combination of classic satin nickel and brushed stainless steel ironmongery throughout.
Inspired by its unique heritage, the development’s amenities and their design fit perfectly with London’s status as the style capital of the world. Work, rest, play – enjoy a perfectly balanced life without venturing beyond the building. Feel energised in the ultra-modern fitness suite; relax in the members’ club-like residents’ lounge; celebrate and entertain in the private dining room and lounge; book in work meetings in the light-filled lobby that extends into a contemporary co-working space. And for the best views, head up to the communal rooftop terrace, perfect for inviting friends, family and colleagues to take in the sweeping skyline of London.
Meet your neighbours in this refined retreat. From here is a private dining room with a terrace, both available to book for special occasions.
With a fully equipped, state-of-the-art gym and changing rooms on-site at the wellness centre, you can keep fit with ease.
Living at the development gives you access to additional shared amenities, including a cinema and 24-hour concierge.
- Wellness Centre
- 24-Hour Concierge
Catering for a quiet meal for two to entertaining family and friends, this is a space where elegance and leading design meet practicality and convenience
- Individually designed configurations
- Bespoke custom-crafted cabinetry in a contemporary matt finish
- Matching wall cabinets with concealed downlighting
- Soft closing doors and drawers throughout
- Custom ‘post box’ shelving feature to selected designs
- Quartz stone worktops and matching splashbacks
- Freestanding island unit in selected apartments, with matching cabinetry and work surface
- Fully fitted Siemens appliances throughout, including:
- Integrated induction hob
- Integrated oven and ecoClean technology
- Integrated microwave (microwave combi to selected units, subject to kitchen design)
- Fully integrated dishwasher
- Fully integrated fridge freezer
- Freestanding washer/dryer (typically located in hallway utility cupboard)
- Re-circulating extractor fan
- Convenient compartmentalised waste and recycling storage
- Under mounted single or 1, 1/2 bowl (subject to kitchen design)
- Single lever mixer tap with swivel spout, finished in a chrome (West palette) or matt black (East palette)
- Timber engineered flooring, continued seamlessly from the living space
Inspired by the luxuries of five-star hotel living, bathrooms bring together contemporary style and comfort for a haven of relaxation to be enjoyed.
- Crosswater ceiling mounted shower head and hand-held shower set in bathroom and ensuite, finished in either chrome (West palette) or matt black (East palette)
- Bespoke wall mounted mirrored vanity unit with timber veneer shelving including ‘post box’ inspired exposed shelving detail, shaver socket and integrated feature lighting
- Full height tiles to walls (including feature tiles) and tiled floor
- Feature tiling to bath/shower wall
- White ceramic wall-mounted WC with soft closing seat, concealed cistern and dual flush
- White ceramic wall-mounted basin with a stone finish worktop
- Tiled splashback to wash basin
- Chrome (West palette) or matt black (East palette) basin mixer spout and controls
- Thermostatic mixer and two-way control for shower and three way control for bath
- Matt black or chrome heated towel rail
- Accessories include clothes hook and mounted toilet roll holder
A beautiful space demands quality craftsmanship and attention to detail throughout.
- Engineered timber flooring throughout living and kitchen spaces
- Engineered timber flooring and handrails to staircases (duplex apartments)
- Deluxe carpet flooring to bedrooms (West palette only)
- Matching engineered timber flooring to storage cupboards
- Bespoke feature entrance door and designer door furniture in satin stainless steel
- Engineered timber veneer internal doors to all living spaces
- Satin stainless steel door handles to all internal doors
- Painted architraves and skirting throughout
- Bespoke fitted wardrobe to master and second bedrooms
- Dedicated storage cupboards finished with timber veneer doors, internal lighting and fittings as appropriate (subject to individual apartment layout)
Windows & Balconies
An extension to the home, expert detail and design continues seamlessly into each apartment balcony.
- Balconies include engineered timber decking and sliding or bi-folding doors
- Double glazed windows throughout
Mechanical Systems & Electrical Finishes
Effortlessly fusing functionality and style, apartments are as comfortable and convenient as they are beautiful spaces.
- Independent thermostatically controlled comfort cooling in all living areas and bedrooms
- Underfloor heating throughout each property
- Whole apartment ventilation system incorporating heat recovery
- 13-amp circuits throughout
- All visible sockets and switch plates finished in matt white
- Light switches finished in matt white
- Low energy, low maintenance lighting scheme using LED, low voltage and fluorescent fittings
- Ceiling mounted smoke detectors and residential sprinklers within apartments
AV / Telephone / Data
All homes are as well connected as their location
- Media plate to living area opering both coax and high speed data cabling for digital TV, DAB and FM radio, telephone and data services for media connectivity
- Communal satellite dish
Access, Car and Cycle Parking
Exploring further afield is made just as easy as enjoying the local scene, however you want to travel.
- The basement, accessible by passenger lift, will provide private underground car parking and cycle parking
- Electric car charging points are available on the site
- All residents will have access to an on-site Car Club (operated by Zipcar)
- 24-hour concierge service
- Individual video entry system for all apartments
- A network of internal and external CCTV cameras
- Authorised electronic controlled access to basement and external doors
- Bicycle Parking
- Chill out space
- Communal garden
- Court yard
- Local Cafe & Restaurant
- Roof terrace
- Social space
- Spectacular view
- Underfloor Heating
- Gray's Inn Road (Stop CA)0.2 miles
- Rosebery Avenue (Stop CU)0.1 miles
- Rosebery Avenue (Stop CW)0.1 miles
- Rosebery Avenue (Stop CE)0.2 miles
- Farringdon0.5 miles
- City Thameslink0.9 miles
- London King's Cross0.8 miles
- Estación de Saint Pancras1.5 miles
- Christopher Hatton Primary School0.5 miles
- Saint George the Martyr C of E Primary School0.1 miles
- St Alban's C of E Primary & Nursery School0.2 miles
- Community Solutions for Primary Care Holdings0.8 miles